We all may have good friends we share a lot of stuff with, we all may have parents we share a lot of stuff with, you agree or not there are things you feel you can tell no one, that’s why you need a diary.
Writing a diary is one of the healthiest habits for your inner soul, or I think so. Writing a diary might be boring, and maintaining one can be even more boring, but you need to make an effort. I would like to share some awesome tips with everyone about keeping a diary and also why you should.
- A study has shown keeping a diary helps your brain to open up, after you write down stuff in your mind in detail, if you read it, you might be able to understand it better.
- Personalize your diary. The more is your diary like you, the better it will make you feel and adding to it what you like sounds fun.
- Instead of thinking of your diary as a diary, think of it as you or a friend you may have imagined. Write your entries as if you are talking to yourself or an imaginary friend.
- Make it a habit to write an entry every once or twice a day, at least. Don’t worry if you have not been able to write in it for a long time, write in as soon as you can and update your friend with your life.
- Keep it with you everywhere. I feel you should write a diary whenever you can, no matter what, where or when, if you feel an urge to write in, do it.
- Add mementos into in whenever you can. It is not necessary for every entry. For example- you go for a walk in nature, collect a flower or leaf from there to remind you of it whenever you read. Add movie tickets and stuff to it.
- Read your older entries every once in a while.
Hope, you get why you should write a diary and value it. It will help you understand yourself better. Make sure you keep it a secret.